We are finally fully vaccinated😎 (Did You??? 💉). We therefore decided to go on vacation to the most beautiful and romantic place in the world – Switzerland 🇨🇭. In this blog we will share with that how we planned our vacation for a week and the places we have been to. This blog is particularly for Interlaken which is one of the many cities we visited during our journey in magical Switzerland.
Interlaken (situated in the canton of Bern) is a town in between two lakes i.e. Lake Thun and Lake Brienz in Switzerland. Interlaken is famous for it’s breathtaking scenic views. The views will definetly compel you to spend some time and explore this splendid town.
Before planning your travel please make sure to do all the paperwork and if possible get vaccinated first. Please check the information online about particular country you are traveling to.
Activities to do in Interlaken – There are numerous activities that one can undertake in Interlaken. Below are the main attractions and activities of interlaken that you can enjoy during your visit which we did as well.
To reach their you need to buy a train ticket. It’s a small train and will take you to top of the mountain. second option is hiking if you want it to be more adventurous.
2. Casino Kursaal – The Congress Centre Kursaal Interlaken is a complex of historical buildings, featuring modern infrastructure and surrounded by a wonderful park. This is mainly famous because there is big Yash Chopra statue who is a famous Bollywood movie director. He directed and produced many bollywood movies for which, the shooting was done in Switzerland.
3. Lake Brienz – This lake has a magical touch. It’s just so beautiful. It has greenish color. You can go for camping there. The scenery around is so breathtaking and stunning. I don’t have words to explain how beautiful it is. Just look at the picture and you will know it.
4. Paragliding – This is one of the best activity to do in Interlaken as we saw there. But you can also visit to Harder Kulm which I feel is equivalent to paragliding as you see whole city from up. You see the small dots in the sky in the below picture…. Well they are the gliders.
5. City Center – Like every european city it also has it’s own center. There you will find numerous shops, restaurants etc. where you can spend few hours roaming and exploring around.
6. Walk around the city – While walking around the city is an adventure in itself. You will notice hundreds of chalets and old houses, river, seasonal flowers, beauty of the town etc.
The activities are not limited to these. You can visit the website and plan accordingly.
Interlaken on Maps